The Davis Center at Harvard University
Yelena Biberman & Zachary Troyanovsky
Spotify | Soundcloud | Apple
A scientist, an Irish poet, and a man who slips between the raindrops walk into a hunting lodge in the Belavezha Forest in Soviet Belarus. They don’t know it yet, but they are about to kill a superpower. This five-part podcast tells the story of the mysterious weekend in December 1991 that ended with the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
- Atlantic Council Eurasia Center: Autopsy of an Empire: 30 Years on from the Fall of the USSR
- Davis Center Podcast Chat: The Story Behind ‘How to Kill a Superpower’
- 2022 ASN World Convention Special Panel with Alexander Cooley, Tatsiana Kulakevich, Julie A. George, Dmitry Gorenburg, Şener Aktürk, and Paul Goode
- “Reflections on How Stanislau Shushkevich Made (Forgotten) History,” Harvard University Davis Center Insights, June 13, 2022.
- “How to Kill a Superpower: Do You Remember the Belavezha Agreement?” Inkstick, December 8, 2021.
- Interview in “Old Men Helped Cause the Soviet Union’s Collapse. Historians Say It’s a Warning Sign for the United States,” Business Insider, January 1, 2023.